Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Treasure Hunts

One of the new games at our house is "Treasure Hunt." Sounds creative, doesn't it? But really I don't have to do anything for this game to take place. Gabe has taken it upon himself to be the facilitator for this lively game - although there is the occasional guest host. You know it's time to play when you hear "Where is the . . .?" and so it begins.

The hunt for the remote ends when it is found in the refrigerator. Need a clean sippy cup? Look in the closet. Wipes? under the bed. Dad's shoe? Well, in the cabinet with the clean dishes, of course! We've found laundry on the dining room table and a dirty fork in the laundry basket. Cell phone in the toy box, lotion in between couch cushions, vitamins in the fridge, dirty socks on the kitchen cabinet.

When questioned concerning any missing items, his usual response is a very cheerful "nooo." He plays dumb, but I know better.

5 Comments:

At December 22, 2005 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to playing some day with my child. What a great post. It is so funny the things kids do. I don't even know the beginning of it!

 
At December 22, 2005 10:57 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Have you seen my keys?

 
At December 22, 2005 10:58 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I found some dirty spoons in our clean silverware drawer. Maybe Gabe put them there.

 
At January 03, 2006 3:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kristie,

I can't believe I've never met Gabe... he sounds like a ham!

 
At January 05, 2006 12:00 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

He is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home