Wednesday, December 14, 2005

This post is Matt approved

We are studying Old Testament History in school. Since I have only boys, there are a few topics that we can discuss that I wouldn't dare approach with little girls. One of which is circumcision. As we were reading through Genesis the question came up, and I was quite proud of myself at being able to handle the question with a clear and simple answer that would convey not only the facts of circumcision, but it's importance as a mark of God's early covenant people. I mentioned to Matt later that day that we had covered the topic. I stood by proudly as he questioned Josh and Samuel about what they had learned. They accurately explained that circumcision was to be a mark of God's covenant with Abraham and his descendants. Then Matt asked them what circumcision was. Samuel quickly responded "It's when you get your forehead cut off." Boy, that's some mark!

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2005 9:05 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Oh that's priceless!

 
At December 16, 2005 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is TOO FUNNY!
Ara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home