Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Holiday Zone

Well, I haven't blogged recently because I stepped into a whole other realm (and it took me a little while to find my way back.) It seems as though I left a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner at my Aunt Brenda's, walked in the door of my home, and entered the holiday zone.

I'm not sure how it happened, I guess the realization of what the next few weeks will bring just hit me. I decided to start early, so I decorated the house, started shopping, wrapped presents, and planned menus. All of this was done so that the couple of weeks before Christmas would not be hectic and I would be able to enjoy them. Ha! What I actually did was make this past week extremely hectic and I didn't enjoy it one bit.

In essence, I succumbed to the very thing I wanted to avoid: the chaos that comes when you neglect what's important and are ruled by the urgent. I just moved the dates. I become consumed with the tasks at hand instead of the relationships involved. The holidays are an awesome time to express love for family, appreciation for friends, and affection and gratefulness toward the Lord who has saved us. And I can do that even if I don't complete my "to do" list.

If you're like me and are starting to slip into the holiday zone, check out the Girl Talk blog for wise counsel. I know there are a lot of you facing even more hectic or trying times this holiday season (ie. pregnancies, building homes, planning a wedding, caring for sick family members, etc.) Let me know in the comments (or email) how I can pray for you. Thanks for doing so in advance; it helps me stay out of the zone when I am praying for you.

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2005 2:29 PM, Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Kristie,
I've noticed you on Judah's blog; thanks for visiting and for praying for him and our family. We feel the prayers of the saints significantly at times; it is such a blessing. And, I can relate to the power intercession has on one's soul; it is the cure for me as well from self-centeredness and self-pity. Thanks for being faithful in prayer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home