Saturday, January 14, 2006

Tag, I'm it?

I've been tagged by Suzanne to post 5 random things about myself. I'm not a very "random" person, but I'll try.

Okay, here goes:
1) I enjoy visiting cemetaries. I find the art beautiful; I like reading the epitaphs and imagining what the people were like; and it reminds me that life here is temporary and my eternal home awaits.
2) I enjoy thunderstorms. I think this is because when I was young it was not uncommon for a bad storm to knock the power out which would send mom around the house lighting candles and would mean that we would cook hotdogs on our wood stove.
3) I don't enjoy visiting cemetaries in a thunderstorm. Self-explanatory, I'm sure.
4) I have a bunion on my right foot and a very narrow heel which makes it hard to find shoes to fit unless of course I buy clogs or mules or slides or whatever shoes like that are called which is what you'll see me in most of the time. (but they are hard to run in if a thunderstorm is coming.)
5) I had to look up how to spell "bunion" because I'm a poor speller. (I hope whoever writes my epitaph is a good speller.)

6 Comments:

At January 14, 2006 11:40 PM, Blogger JennGrover said...

Now that's random.

 
At January 15, 2006 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you know how to spell it, you can use it on your epitaph.

I told you that this bunion was killing me.

Pop

 
At January 15, 2006 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pretty easy to spell:
What a wonderful mom and faithful wife you are!

encouragement from a friend

 
At January 16, 2006 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is interesting we have four things in common: I like to visit cemetaries. I use to with my father to see how old the stones were. I love thunderstorms but only if I can be inside. I can't spell. I also would hate to go to a cemetary in a thunderstorm. The thought will give me a nightmare. As I sit here I can think of so much we have in common. If I could only be as witty as you!

 
At January 16, 2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

I LOVE finding interesting cemetaries too. The older the better. And sitting on the porch during a thunderstorm is delightful!

 
At January 19, 2006 4:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I, personally, don't recall every being fascinated by cemetaries... I'm sorry Kristie, I wish we shared something in common!!

FYI I enjoy your blog, i don't comment often because, well you know how blogs can suck you in!! But I do stop in and check it out often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home