Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Unveiling!

OK, with a little help from the Target Clearance aisle, yardsales, mom's antique stash, and some Japanese wrapping paper, we've pulled our bedroom together. We still don't have one of windows finished, but you can get the idea from the pictures below. I wish I had a before picture of our pale pink walls and floral linens - you would see how dramatic the change was.


An overview: you can see our $10 prints from Target (one over the desk and one over the bed) and our yardsale linens - thanks Judy!








The two little prints are the wrapping paper Matt still had from his stay in Japan in 1995!









The desk







One window covered









One window not covered







and finally our little suitcase that I swiped from Mom a couple of months ago now matches perfectly!

7 Comments:

At June 27, 2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great!

 
At June 27, 2006 1:22 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I think it looks great--it doesn't make me think "Vol Orange" at all :)

 
At June 27, 2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Wow, I like it!

 
At June 27, 2006 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it too..it isn't at all like what I thought.

 
At June 27, 2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Kristie said...

It definitely turned out a lot better than I thought it would. When we first slapped that color on the wall against the pale pink we had, I was concerned to put it mildly. It didn't help that Samuel kept saying "I like it, Mom; it looks like Tennessee orange!"

 
At June 27, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Oooo, love the orange. It's so warm and comfy! My room at home before I got married was orange, which was rather shocking at first, it being a white and blue room before that. I find when I want a big change in my life, I either cut my hair or paint a room! Anyway, your room looks great, and the wood of all your furniture just glows!

 
At July 03, 2006 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it in person and it's beautiful! You all did a good job, especially Samuel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home