Saturday, September 02, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now!

Well, I've been trying to find time to post again and here it is. A sleepless night. These are getting more frequent for some reason, so maybe that will be my blogging time. Usually I go in the living room to read, but one of the boys is asleep on our sofa, so that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

So, what's been going on in the Cormany family?! School has started. Samuel is in 4th, Josh in 3rd, and Noah in 1st. As my mom used to say, "I feel like my head is on ball bearings" spinning around constantly to keep up with everyone. (Of course she used to say that about me alone - I must have been some crazy kid!) We do the majority of our schoolwork in the afternoon while Gabe is napping. We started this because Matt works 2nd shift currently, but may even continue when he goes to 1st shift in a couple of weeks simply because GABE IS NAPPING! When he is awake during school, he doesn't appreciate not having his brothers' attention - although he does appreciate having all the toys to himself!

Shortly after we closed the blog for the "season," Matt and I went away for a week BY OURSELVES!! To celebrate the fact that we have been married for 10 years (without major injury to one another,) we went to Williamsburg, Va. We had a blast traveling, hanging out together, fixing our meals together in the tiny kitchen! We missed the boys, but it was good to get away together.

Sunday was our first full day in Williamsburg. We got up that morning and headed to the Sovereign Grace Church in Virginia Beach. It was so much fun and a great opportunity to see "church" from a visitor's perspective - very helpful. The next day we got a huge discount on Busch Gardens tickets and spent the day there. It was a hot day, so the water rides turned out to be our favorites. The next day we were off to spend the day in Washington D.C. perusing museums and monuments. This was the only place where we took our camera so I'll post some pictures below. After walking through Busch Gardens and D.C. we were pretty beat so we stayed close to home on Wednesday only going to Market Square to enjoy the Air Force Band that night, and really stayed close to home on Thursday enjoying a 24-hour stomach virus! Finally a trip home on Friday and the beauty of seeing our fabulous foursome!

Other highlights: Hannah coming for a visit, Fruit and Berry Patch, Mom's Birthday, visiting the Cherokee Indian Village, etc. But my sleeplessness can't go on forever, so I'm off to try again. Of course, if I did list everything we've done for the past month, it might help with YOUR sleeplessness!

5 Comments:

At September 02, 2006 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you're back. I am sorry about your bouts with insomnia, you have an empathetic friend over here. Maybe we'll meet in blogworld at 3 am sometime?

 
At September 04, 2006 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipee! I've missed hearing about the Cormanys. Keep blogging when you can, hopefully not during sleepless nights.

Shelley

 
At September 04, 2006 6:43 PM, Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

Glad to have you back! Did you take the pictures of the buildings or are they postcards? Our pictures never look that good.

 
At September 04, 2006 9:16 PM, Blogger Kristie said...

You know Karen, those are actually our pictures, but notice there are only 6 of them in the slideshow. We took about 30 - the other 24 were awful. (Don't tell Matt that I said that!)

 
At September 17, 2006 7:41 PM, Blogger Homemanager said...

Kristie,
Happy 10 years! I have to add that I'm sorry you are having sleepless nights but glad that you are back blogging. :o)
Blessings to You!
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home