Sunday, October 23, 2005

Mom on the hot seat!!


Yesterday during our devotions, I asked Noah what he would thank God for, and he said "his family." I agreed whole-heartedly with him and then emphasized that children are a gift from God.

Instead of stopping there at a nice safe spot, I then encouraged him and the other boys that we could pray that God would bless some friends of ours with a baby. I said "They would like to have a new baby and have been trying for a while." (insert scary music here) Samuel then turned and looked me straight in the face and asked, "What do mommys and daddys do to 'try' and have a baby?" As my heart thumped in my chest and my hands grew clammy, I began to run through all the possible answers that I could give that would be honest and yet vague.

Thankfully, Josh and Noah began to answer the question. Noah said "Be nice to their other kids." While Josh even more accurately answered, "Daddys have to be kind to the mommys." After that, I suggested we talk about it later and finish our devotions. Whew!

3 Comments:

At October 23, 2005 2:31 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

You are cracking me up!!

 
At October 23, 2005 4:14 PM, Blogger JennGrover said...

That is classic. I wish I could have seen the look on your face.

 
At October 27, 2005 2:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Reminds me of when I was nursing Addy and my little 8 year old friend Abby asked what I was doing. I explained and then said, "Isn't that neat that God created breasts to feed little babies?" She replied, "Is that the only reason he made them?"

I quickly looked at her mother for relief. She just smiled and said to me, "You asked for it!"

I quickly changed the subject and luckily her 8 year old brain didn't remember to ask later...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home