Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sleep

Wow! That word is loaded with meaning for me right now. Normally, it isn't. Normally, I take sleep for granted and don't think much of it. Every now and then, however, God uses my circumstances to teach me about His gift of sleep. A new baby, a sick child, a barking dog, a deadline - all these things (and many more) can be used as a reminder that sleep is a gift not a right. I have thought many times that I had a right to 8 hours of sleep, and regretfully made everyone around me suffer when I didn't get it. You know how it is, using the excuse of lack of sleep for a grumpy disposition.

When I remember that sleep (and my need of it) is God's design and that He is sovereign over how much I get, I'm a little more grateful. I'm grateful that I get any sleep. I'm grateful that He knows my weaknesses and supplies my every need. I'm grateful that I can call out to Him for help. I'm grateful (and my kids are, too) that I don't have to be a sourpuss.

I don't deny that a lack of sleep has a profound impact on my day, but I do deny that it's an excuse for a rotten attitude. In fact, I'm glad I've not been getting much sleep lately. It drives me to my knees and reminds me of my fraility and God's power.

Now, I'm going back to sleep.
Oops! My bed is full!

3 Comments:

At October 11, 2005 8:53 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I hope you got more sleep last night! :)

 
At October 11, 2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Nicole Seitler said...

I couldn't find your e-mail address, so I'll reply here. :)

Here's all about how to change your sidebar links and stuff: How do I edit my link list?

If you don't know any HTML, send me an e-mail at webseitler @ yahoo.com and I can type it up all pretty for you. ;)

 
At October 12, 2005 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

kristie, nice job with the blog. You and Suzie are amazing!!

I can NOT believe how your family has grown (in size and age!) since I moved. It brings tears to my eyes to see. I hope you are enjoying them as I am my little girl.

Love,
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home